Monday, September 5, 2011

One Month From Today...

It's finally time that we are starting to do things like, taking art and pictures off the walls, deep cleaning the apartment, finding out about electrical/Internet/Cable/etc services out in California. 
We think we have a place nailed down.  It's in Pasadena.  We had our hearts set on Sherman Oaks to begin with, but we seem to be getting more "bang for the buck" out in Pasadena.  It will just require a little more travel  time to auditions.  It seems like about the same amount of distance from Plano to Dallas... It's just the traffic we'll have to take into account every time we leave now.
I am told that Pasadena is a beautiful city though and one of the lower crime, more family centered communities.  I really hope we like it out there.  It's a one bedroom condo near a national forest, so hopefully there will be lots of cheap/free things to do in the area.  I'll post pics of the place as soon as I'm sure we have it.  :)

As far as the acting thing is concerned... I'm probably going to have to focus more on finding a table waiting job or something first, before I can give my acting career  my full focus.  Not thrilled about that part, but it's what I have to do to get by it seems. 
Kristin already has a few possible acting jobs lined up, so maybe this is a good sign that we've made the right decision to move. 

I know that it's time for me to leave Magic Time Machine at long last.  I can almost feel the place distancing itself from me and letting me go for the first time.  I know that sounds weird, but it almost seemed like I was there for a reason and I couldn't leave until the time was exactly right.  This is the time. 

As for today, Texas hot summer fever broke and we are out of the 100's for the first time in almost 3 months!  We have the doors and windows opened and it's so nice out.  It almost feels a bit chilly at 83 degrees,  after living with a low of 93 at night! 

Now all we have to do is make arrangements to say goodby to everyone here, pack all our things and head out west for a new life adventure...  So nerve wracking, but also seems so necessary. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you need to update your blog since you have made it to L.A. Maybe a few pics from your travels to L.A. as well???

    ReplyDelete