Monday, January 31, 2011

Strange Days, Indeed.


More weather weirdness headed this way.  This last week, it’s been around 70 degrees and nice out.  There’s supposed to be a really nasty storm on the way though.  If the weather predictions are true, we could see temperatures as low as 8 degrees on Wednesday (2/2/11) Oh, and 100% chance of snow tomorrow.  Awesome…  I guess it could be worse.  I could live up north.  I just hate cold weather, so very much. 
I auditioned for Breaking Bad on Saturday.  It’s a major TV credit, if I book it, but I’m not holding my breath.  I feel like the audition went pretty well, but we won’t know unless I get the call that I’ve booked the roll.  Secretly, I am jumping out of my skin for this role, but I’m trying to just put it out of my head. It’s tough though.  Especially since auditions have been so few and far between lately. 
Last weekend was decent at work.  Thank God.  I really needed a good weekend.  It may have something to do with the Superbowl coming here next weekend.  People are so caught up in sports fever that they are going out and spending money more.  The economy is still pretty bad, but it seems, for the meantime, to be getting better.  I think it’s just a matter of time though, before it gets even worse than 2009.  With the national deficit in the trillions and technology seems to be making more and more jobs obsolete, it seems it can only get worse from here.   I’m just hoping that the acting thing really takes off for me soon, so I will at least have steady work. 
There seems to be some pretty uncertain days ahead.  It’s almost like the whole Mayan calendar thing may have a bit of truth to it.  Natural disasters seem to be on the rise. (Earthquakes, Volcanoes, Sinkholes, massive hurricanes, and drought are in the news daily since last year.  Oh, and now it seems that Egypt and the Middle East is in severe civil unrest and WWIII may be starting soon. God only knows what more I’ll have to talk about as this year progresses. 

3 comments:

  1. OMG! I didn't know you had a blog or I would have been following it a long time ago..hello!?! Well, now I am in the loop and I will be able to hear more about what is going on with you guys : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need some more recent posts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I have been slacking off. I'll get back on it today. :)

    ReplyDelete